Me alone in the classroom
Me alone in the classroom is a portray of young people of color in The Netherlands. How do they see themselves? How do they experience their interaction with white Dutch people? How do they see their future in The Netherlands? To tell this story, Karin Junger created a ‘pressure cooker’ by bringing her children and their friends together in a house for a week and ask them to re-enact their experiences for the camera. She used drama therapy techniques so that they really go through the experiences again so you can see and feel how it affects them.
- De Familie Film & TV in cooperation with IKON
- CoBO, Mediafonds
- VSB-fonds, Fonds21
- Stichting Democratie en Media
- Director: Karin Junger
- Cinematography: Adri Schrover, Jurgen Lisse
- Sound recording: Mark Wessner, Diego van Uden
- Editor: Maurice Bedaux
- Production manager: Bram Bax
- Production assistant: Mylene Esmeijer
- Executive producer: JeanMarc van Sambeek
- Producers: Monique Busman, Michiel van Erp
- 74 min.
- Spoken language: Dutch
- Subtitles: English
- De Familie
- +31 20 663 33 03
Song ‘Keep walking’
Together with rapper Winne talented singer songwriter Sabrina Starke created the song ‘keep walking’ for the movie.
Follow this movie
Première Movies That Matter 2017, NFF 2017, FIPA 2018, Alba’s Human Rights Festival USA 2018, China Women’s Film Festival 2017